Guest Blogger #97, Entry #555, June 14th
In the warm summer months, pest control for your home is a subject no one wants to think about… but you REALLY need to think about! As the warm weather sets in, pests seek cooler temperatures into your home and can lead to problems and a decreased enjoyment in you home life.
Today, our Guest Blogger gives tips for getting rid of pests organically. So your family stays safe and your home stays bug free.
Pests are a living menace that can breed and proliferate rapidly in our homes. This makes it necessary for us as homeowners to prevent their growing numbers at the very onset before they become a full-blown infestation. Today, there are numerous pest control treatments that are available in the market. One of them being organic pest control. Compared to chemical pest control measures, organic pest control does not use harmful chemicals or synthetic substances that have an adverse effect on the immediate surroundings. True to its name organic pest control is natural and environmentally friendly.
Homeowners today, can choose from a wide array of organic pest control treatments that are available. These products are made out of fruit and plant based extracts that are natural pest repellents. Citrus oils derived from lemons and oranges are excellent mosquito repellent. Garlic and clove based products have been found to be excellent bed bug treatments and successfully eliminate an infestation from your home. Organic pest control products are available in an assortment of aerosols, pellets, liquids and sprays.
Mentioned below are some of the advantages of organic pest control
- Organic pest control methods are 100 % natural and pose no threat to your health or the environment.
- Organic pest control is made out of renewable natural resources such as plant extracts unlike chemical treatments.
- Organic pest control is a more effective means of pest extermination as it employs natural methods, which are in consonance with the laws of nature.
- Organic pest control is more progressive and result oriented, and eliminates even the biggest infestations.
- Certain insects and parasites have become immune to chemical pest control measures. Organic plant repellents however are highly adverse to insects and are able to eliminate them in large numbers.
- Compared to the single approach of chemical treatments, organic pest control uses a multi-pronged approach. There are several other organic pest control measures such as parasitism, predation and herbivore that have been known to exterminate some of the most resilient pests in creation.
For the average homeowner who has a problem with a bed bug infestation, employing the use of organic pest control methods would successfully exterminate this menace. Bed bugs for instance have developed immunity towards some of the harshest chemical treatments but are extremely vulnerable to organic bed bug treatments such as enzyme sprays. Whether be it the confines of your home or your garden, organic pest control treatments are the safest and most environmentally friendly methods of eliminating this menace.
Bed Bugs And Beyond provides bed bugs toronto pest control services in Canada.
For more green living ideas on Stagetecture, click here.