Valentine’s Day is almost upon us and you don’t necessarily have to celebrate as a couple. Instead, why not involve the kids too this year? In fact, it’s a great excuse to get into crafting with little ones. Not only will they love spending their time creating these easy yet beautiful pieces, they can use it to gift their teachers, friends, grandparents or any other special person in their lives. We point you these valentine crafts that you can help your kid to try out.
How to Make Kids Creative Valentine Crafts
Image via: Mom Dot
Crayon Hearts Make Perfect Valentines Day Gifts
Put your little ones old and broken crayons to use for this project that can result in great gifts for their friends.
- Peel the crayons
- Break each into about 3-4 pieces and put in the molds
- Bake at 250 degrees for 10-15 minutes
- Remove from the oven and let it cool until they have set
- When they have cooled enough, pop them out and let them cool for some more time.
- While optional, have your kids put them in little cellophane bags and staple some cute valentine themed paper on the top.
Match Box Valentines Gifts
Have your little ones help you choosing the sweets, sorting the fun craft paper to wrap these tiny gifts.
Image via: The Room Mom
- Empty the match boxes and save them for your next blackout
- Cut the paper long enough and wrap it the all the way around the match box
- Secure it with tape on the back
- Fill it with candy of your choice and tuck in a little note
- Wrap with a string if desired
Valentine Crafts for Toddlers
Sure, crafting with toddlers can get a bit messy but it’s certainly lot of fun, especially if there is some kind of theme present. As Valentine’s Day is a perfect occasion to create red and pink heart shaped projects with your little one, we point you this creative cookie decorating idea. You can also learn how to bake heart shaped cookies here.
Supplies to decorate the cookies:
- Place wax paper on a cool, dry counter or tray. Place cookies on the top.
- Using the food-safe marker, let kids design their own cookie creations.
What better way to celebrate this day of love than to spending it crafting with those you love the most? Enjoy these easy and fun kids craft ideas and do remember to let us know which ones did you try.
For more valentines crafts ideas for kids, click here.