Looking for some easy healthy recipes this spring? Try these Caprese Skewers that is simply prepared Italian salad using cherry tomatoes, mozzarella cheese, fresh basil, and olive oil. Prepared in less than 15 minutes, it looks good on the table and tastes just as good. The best part? It’s a great recipe for your little ones to help with. Spring lunches are meant to be easy, healthy, and full of fresh ingredients. Whether you love fresh vegetables and fruits or you enjoy fresh meats that are grilled or baked, we think you’ll love this Caprese Skewers recipe.
Spring Lunch: How to Make Easy Healthy Recipes
Easy Healthy Recipes: Caprese Skewers
Yields: 10 servings
30 cherry tomatoes or grapes
30 fresh basil leaves
4 ounces part-skim mozzarella cheese, cut into ½ inch cubes
2 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
½ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Healthy Lunch Directions:
- Thread tomatoes, basil leaves, mozzarella cheese cubes alternatively onto 10 (6 inch) wooden skewers. Place them on a serving platter.
- In a small bowl, combine vinegar and oil, and stir well with a whisk. Drizzle vinegar mixture evenly over skewers, and sprinkle salt and pepper. Either serve immediately, or cover and chill until ready to serve.
More Healthy Lunch Ideas
Spring is finally upon us and it’s time to eat fresh using local ingredients. If like us, you love picking up seasonal vegetables, but are wondering what to do with your bounty, these healthy salad recipes will inspire you next time you are in the kitchen.
We love these other healthy lunch ideas:
- Cooking Light features delicious healthy lunches that are time savers too!
- Fitness magazine has a yummy article featuring 10 healthy sandwiches
- These healthy bowl lunch recipes are perfect for workdays!
Healthy Food Recipes: Ideas for Dinner
And why just lunch? Eat light and healthy meals during dinner time too! To help you get started, we have dug through Stagetecture archives to present you some savory healthy dinner recipes. We promise, they are nutritious but no boring.
These Caprese Skewers are perfect for those looking to add some easy healthy recipes to their spring menu. Each layer is loaded with bold yet fresh flavors that combine in a bite that is beyond description. Make loads of these because they won’t last long!
Visit Stagetecture’s Healthy Eating archives for hundreds of recipes!