Entry #3355, March 21, 2014
Tired of your usual chicken recipe? Well, try this Braised Chicken with Spring Vegetables recipe for a delicious change. Aside from protein, you can get various nutrients from the spring vegetables that are added in this recipe. You have the radishes, carrots and chives. The Braised Chicken with Spring Vegetables recipe is so easy to prepare and can be served in no time. You will definitely love the flavors of chicken and vegetables, blend together to come up with a tasty treat. Also, you don’t need a lot of ingredients to make this recipe.
Braised Chicken with Spring Vegetables
Image via: Williams – Sonoma
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 small bone-in chicken thighs (about 2 1⁄2 pounds)
- Salt and black pepper
- 1 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 12 medium radishes, halved
- 3/4 pound carrots (about 4), cut into sticks
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
Image via: Ali In The Valley
- Heat the oil in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat.
- Season the chicken with ½ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper. Cook until browned, 6 to 7 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate.
- Spoon off and discard the fat. Return the pot to medium-high heat. Add the broth and scrape up any brown bits.
- Stir in the radishes, carrots, and sugar.
- Place the chicken on top of the vegetables and gently simmer, partly covered, until it is cooked through, 15 to 20 minutes. Sprinkle with the chives.
In less than an hour or about 40 minutes, you can savor the delicious taste of the Braised Chicken with Spring Vegetables. The whole process should yield at least 4 servings. This recipe is perfect for the whole family, especially for your kids. Serve it on your dining table and see how your loved ones enjoy and consume every bit of its ingredients. The Braised Chicken with Spring Vegetables is definitely a must try recipe this spring season.
For more easy meals on Stagetecture, click here.