Nothing can be more mouthwatering than a pumpkin dessert on your dining table during these holidays! Pumpkin is available in the autumn and many people like it very much. Taste of Home has brought a number of different pumpkin recipes and this cheesy pumpkin bar is one of them. It will taste creamy and nutty that will surely please the taste buds of many!
Pumpkin Dessert: Pumpkin Bar with Cream Cheese
Image via: Shared Sugar
All-purpose flour (1-1/3 cups)
Solid-pack pumpkin (1 can of 15 ounces)
Old-fashioned oats (1 cup)
Chopped pecans (1/2 cup)
Cold butter (3/4 cup, cubed)
Softened cream cheese (1 package of 8 ounces, cubed)
3 eggs (lightly beaten)
Brown sugar (1/2 cup)
Sugar (3/4 cup, divided)
Ground allspice (1 teaspoon)
Ground cardamom (1 teaspoon)
Ground cinnamon (2 teaspoons)
Vanilla extract (1 teaspoon)
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- Mix brown sugar, ¼ cup of sugar, and flour in a small bowl. Cut in butter into the mixture until it becomes granular. Stir in pecans and oats. Take one cup of mixture and reserve it for topping.
- Take a 13×9-inch baking pan and grease it. Place the remaining crumb mixture into it and bake for 15 minutes.
- Beat the remaining sugar, spices, and cream cheese in another small bowl. Stir in vanilla extract and pumpkin.
- Add the lightly beaten eggs into the mixture and beat it on a low speed until it is blended well. Pour over the baked crust onto it and then, spritz the reserved crumb mixture onto it.
- Now, put the mixture into the oven and bake for 20 to 25 minutes until the filling is cooked well. Take it out if a knife or fork inserted into the middle comes out clean.
- Let it cool for some time and then keep into a refrigerator for almost 2 hours.
- Cut into bars and serve!
- If pumpkin is not your thing, change it with mashed potatoes. It will be equally sweet and delicious.
- If you do not like the flavors of spices, change them for orange zest. It will give the dessert a cleaner flavor.
Image via: Yammiesnoshery
This pumpkin dessert is smooth, light, and nutty. Anyone who loves pumpkin has to love this preparation. You can serve it in any function or event this season. It is so delicious that barely any crumb will be left on the platter!
Are you thinking of tweaking this recipe a bit? Tell us what fall desserts are on your menu this Thanksgiving.