If you’re looking for something special to make on St. Patrick’s Day, look no further than this dessert. Filled with color and flavor, even St. Patrick would give his approval. The cupcakes require only one main ingredient: roasted pistachios. They are not too sweet and are guaranteed to please your family and friends. You’ll love this St. Patrick’s Day desserts because it’s easy and quick to make. You can make it before St. Patrick’s Day to hone your skills then make it again on the D-Day. Here are step-by-step instructions from All Recipes.
St. Patrick’s Day Desserts: Pistachio Cupcakes Recipe
St. Patrick’s Day Dessert Ingredients:
⅔ cup of milk (room temperature)
¾ cup of unsalted butter (room temperature)
¾ cup of cake flour
¾ tsp. of salt
¾ cup of regular flour
1 cup of pistachio nutmeats (roasted)
1 cup of pistachio buttercream
1½ cups of white sugar (separate)
2 tsp. of vanilla
2 tsp. of baking powder
4 large eggs
St. Patrick’s Pistachio Cupcakes Directions:
- Preheat your oven to 350ᵒ. Insert paper liners into your muffin cups.
- Blend ½ cup of sugar and pistachios in a blender until fully blended.
- Sift the cake flour, regular flour, salt, and baking powder in a bowl.
- Using an electric mixer, beat the remaining sugar and butter together in a bowl until they are fluffy. Add each egg separately to the mixture and incorporate it entirely before adding the next.
- Mix the vanilla extract and milk together in a bowl.
- Add the flour mixture and milk mixture to the butter mixture in small amounts. Alternate and stir as you add each mixture. Start and end with the flour mixture and stir until fully mixed.
- Add the ground pistachios to the mixture and distribute the mixture in the muffin cups.
- Bake the cupcakes in the oven until they are slightly brown or until a tester inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Place them on a wire rack to cool.
- Garnish with buttercream and pistachio nuts and serve.
One of the most significant things on St. Patrick’s Day is the wearing of shamrocks or green attire. If you don’t want to wear green clothes but still want to celebrate the day, make this St. Patrick’s Day dessert.
It is absolutely perfect for lovers of pistachio nuts. Be sure to follow all the instructions to the latter and you’ll love the end result. You can also tweak the recipe by using different nuts every time.
For more St. Patrick’s Day ideas on Stagetecture, click here.