Entry #2473, May 29, 2013
Summer is almost here and what better way to celebrate the heat with a cool dessert? There’s no way that you will miss the summer fun. It’s a season to conquer everything under the sun. You have the beaches, camps or even outside your home to delight yourself. Whether you spend it with your family or friends, summer activities are simply amazing.
However, exposing yourself under the heat of the sun makes you crave for refreshments. Thirst is inevitable. If you want to make something to quench your thirst this summer, try this Watermelon Granita. It’s a tasty refreshment that will definitely satisfy your thirst.
Summer Dessert: Refreshing Watermelon Granita
Image via: Go Make Me
- 4 cups (1 3/4 pounds) cubed seedless watermelon (from a 4-lb. melon)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- Purée all ingredients in a blender until smooth.
- Pour the purée into a 9 x 9 x 2″ metal baking pan. Freeze mixture for 1 hour.
- Stir. Do this by mashing any frozen parts with the back of a fork.
- Cover and freeze mixture until firm for about 2 hours. Using a fork, scrape the granita vigorously to form icy flakes.
- You can make this 3 days ahead. Cover tightly with foil and keep frozen.
- Give it a quick scrape before serving.
Image via: Caramel à la fleur de sel
Don’t forget to garnish it with the watermelon wedge. It will make it more presentable and tempting. The whole ingredients should fill at least 6 glasses of flavorful watermelon granita. You should be able to prepare this in a few minutes. The watermelon granita is so easy to make yet so hard to forget the delicious taste.
Serve this only after chilling in your fridge. You sure will give your loved ones or friends something to crave for this summer. It’s a thirst-quencher refreshing that even health conscious will surely love. Feel free to experiment with other fruits and taste the difference. Have fun this summer season and keep yourself properly hydrated. Stay healthy and drink healthy.
Fore more summer recipes on Stagetecture, click here.