If you’re looking for a refreshing, uplifting and cool Summer Drink hat is perfect for a sweet summer evening or a fun summer party, here is a suggestion: Watermelon and Cucumber Sangria. It’s ideal for serving in a big glass bowl or pitcher as a punch since it looks phenomenal, too. The main ingredients are fruits that just scream summer and are easy to find this time of year. Try to find sweet but not overripe fruits to get the best result out of this fancy recipe.
Summer Drink: Watermelon and Cucumber Sangria
One small honeydew melon
One small watermelon
One thinly sliced, seedless cucumber
One thinly sliced lime
Some fresh mint leaves
One cup lime juice
One cup honey
750 ml chilled semi-dry white wine
1 lt chilled carbonated water
- Cut both melons in half and remove the seeds and the rind. Cut the honeydew melon into thin slices. Cut half of the watermelon into thin slices. Blend the other half watermelon in a blender and strain the watermelon juice (you will need about one cup of it).
- In a large bowl, combine the melon slices, the cucumber slices, the lime slices and about 10 mint leaves.
- In another bowl, combine the lime juice, the honey and the watermelon juice. Pour this mixture over the melons and cucumber.
- Now it’s time to add the wine. Stir gently. Cover the bowl and put it in the refrigerator to chill for more than 2 hours.
- Before serving, stir in the carbonated water.
You can add more of the juices or mint leaves, or even the honey, to meet your taste. Another way to change up this recipe is to leave out either the honeydew melon or the watermelon if someone doesn’t like one of these. This Summer Drink is the ideal addition to any summer get-together with friends and family as well as the perfect drink to close a hot summer day. Its intriguing look can add to the appearance of a drink table and complete a summer buffet in the best way possible.
For more summer cocktail ideas on Stagetecture, click here.