It’s where you start your morning—and end the day. And, with a few simple changes, your bathroom can also become a much-needed retreat from a stressful world.
Simple Ways to Turn Your Bathroom Into a Spa
(A big “thank you” to our friends at TheBathOutlet.com for sponsoring this post!)
Here are a few simple tips and ideas to give your bathroom the relaxing atmosphere of a day spa.
- Declutter and simplify. It’s easy to let excess products and grooming tools take over your vanity, shower, and tub. Toss anything you no longer use, store anything only used occasionally, and find attractive storage containers for daily essentials.
- Utilize the right storage. If you have a medicine cabinet, use it to store everyday items like toothpaste, floss, mouthwash, toiletries, and other essentials. If your bathroom lacks storage try incorporating jars for small items and baskets for larger things, like towels.
- Choose calming colors. Light shades have a soothing effect. When choosing colors for décor and paint try shades of white, light blue, and neutral tones such as tan and beige. Also, see if you can incorporate natural elements including potted plants, flowers, and fragrance.
- Luxurious Final Touches. Finish off the transformation with luxury bathroom accessories such as soft towels and aromatherapy.
With a bit of work and creativity you can experience a spa-like setting on a daily basis—and likely for less than the cost of a single visit to your favorite day spa.
When Your Bathroom Needs More Help
Are you struggling to image a spa-like atmosphere in your outdated bathroom? Even if you’re not ready for a serious renovation project, it may be worthwhile to budget for a mini-facelift.
- Remove all clutter and clean the bathroom.
- Identify eyesores. Are there stains? Damaged paint, worn countertops, or chipped sinks? How about outdated faucets, hardware, or colors you can’t stand?
- Try cleaning things that look like they need to be replaced. Barkeepers Friend is an amazing inexpensive product that can remove hard-water buildup and stains on counters that look like they need to be replaced. (Be sure to follow all product instructions, including using gloves.) Even a chipped porcelain sink may look like new when thoroughly cleaned.
- Make a list of priorities and budget for minor repairs. A new faucet and cabinet hardware can make a huge difference. Also, don’t forget about the little things. A classy toilet bowl brush holder or a container to store extra rolls of toilet paper can also help.
Investing in a Bathroom Facelift
Choosing to spend some time, creativity, and a little money on an inexpensive bathroom facelift can be a great investment. After all, you’ll get an opportunity to enjoy that part of your home on a daily basis. And if you ever decide to sell your home having a great looking, well-staged, bathroom will be a huge asset.