Deviled Eggs are a family favorite Easter recipe– and a savory tradition my children love. This version is easy and the crispy bacon adds a special touch. (Check our tip at the end of the recipe if you want to heat it up a bit!)
Easter Recipe: Deviled Eggs with Cheese & Bacon
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1 tbsp honey mustard
1/4 tsp black pepper powder
1/4 tsp salt
4 strips bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled
2 tbsp shredded cheddar cheese
chili flakes (optional)
chopped chives for garnish (optional)
- Boil water in a deep vessel. Add 2 tsp salt to it. Add eggs. Cover with a lid and boil on low to medium heat for 7 to 8 minutes.
- Take the eggs off heat and let them cool. Run them under cold water if need be.
- Crack the shells and take them off carefully.
- Cut each egg into half, longitudinally.
- Take out the egg yellows carefully.
- In a glass bowl collect all the egg yellows.
- Mash the yellows with a fork and add to the glass bowl, mayonnaise, salt, pepper and honey mustard. Add a teaspoon of chili flakes if you please.
- Now fold in 3/4th of the crumbled bacon and cheese. Mix well.
- Stuff this egg yellow mix in the empty centers of egg whites.
- Refrigerate for about 24 hours.
- Garnish with the remaining crumbled bacon. Add chives if you wish to:)
You can add a spicy Asian flavor– just garnish with chopped green chillies, chili flakes and lightly toasted sesame seeds. That variation is on the hot side, but still delicious.