Have you been craving a breakfast recipe that has the right amount of goodness, but with a healthy twist? Today’s breakfast recipe is something like that, healthy, delicious and totally uncomplicated to cook. Inspired from Megan Gordon’s classic egg bake recipe, this Egg Bake With Cheese And Ham recipe will most certainly become a breakfast meal that you will remember for a long time.
Breakfast Favorite: Cheese Egg Bakes with Ham
Image Via:Megan Gordon
1/2 cup milk
1 tbsp chopped basil
2 tbsp chopped chives
1/2 cup cheddar cheese, grated
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1/2 cup diced onion
2 garlic cloves, minced
About 2 ounces of cooked ham steak, preferably cubed into bite size pieces (could be replaced with chicken)
Butter to grease and salt to taste
Image Via: Megan Gordon
- Preheat your oven to 400ºF.
- Meanwhile, heat the olive oil in a pan and add onions. Sauté for about 5 mins till the onions turn transparent and give out a sweet cooked odor.
- Add garlic and sauté on medium heat. Take care not to burn since garlic is prone to sticking to the pan.
- Add the chopped ham into the pan and stir well. You can turn off the heat in a about a minute.
- In a separate glass bowl whisk in the eggs, milk, salt and herbs.
- Add to this bowl, the contents of the pan. Fold the mixture gently.
- Add in cheese. Whisk again, ensuring that the cheese mixes well.
- Pour in the content into 4 nicely greased ramekins and cook in the oven for about 20 to 25 minutes. Once the tops become puffy and golden your egg bakes are ready.
- Serve warm or cold as per your liking.
Chicken lovers can use cooked chicken instead of ham and the egg bakes can be cooked in a large baking tray instead of ramekins. And of course the recipe can be modified to suit your taste buds. In fact, we would love to hear of your take on this Egg Bake Breakfast Recipe. Do share your thoughts, views and any other interesting twist you can think of!
For more brunch recipes on Stagetecture, click here.