So what do you plan to surprise your dad with this Father’s Day? Are you still struggling with ideas? Let me help you a bit. All dads like to eat yummy loads full, so just to add a little sweetness to the occasion why not bake something sweet and crispy! Today I will share with you a mouthwatering Father’s Day Recipe, that has the crispiness of bacon, sweetness of chocolate cookies. Do bake this for your dad and make this Father’s Day a very special one for him.
Father’s Day Recipe: Bacon & Chocolate Chip Cookies
Image Via: Tablespoon
1-1/4 cups all purpose flour
4 to 5 strips bacon
1/3 cup choco chips ( you can use bittersweet or semisweet)
1/8 tsp cinnamon powder
A pinch of chipotle
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup regular granulated sugar
1/2 cup peanut butter
4 tbsp unsalted butter (at room temperature)
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/2 cup crushed honey roasted peanuts (optional)
Image Via: The Baker Chick
- Preheat the oven to 180°C and line two baking sheets on two baking trays.
- Take a large glass bowl and mix flour, cinnamon powder, chipotle, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- In a large skillet cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. It should take about 4 to 6 minutes per side. Transfer onto a paper napkin. Keep the dripping for later use. Let the bacon cool down. Also get rid of any uncooked or chewy bits.
- In another large glass bowl beat butter along with bacon drippings. Use an electric beater on medium speed to do the same. Now carefully add peanut butter and beat for another minute.
- To the above bowl add granulated and brown sugar and beat until creamy. It should take about 4 to 5 minutes.
- Now add to it egg and vanilla. Beat until fluffy, which should be about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Reducing the beater speed to low, add the flour mix slowly into the second bowl to combine all the ingredients well.
- Now mix in peanuts, if you choose to use them.
- Next keep aside two tablespoons of choco chips and bacon aside and mix the rest into the batter.
- The batter will not be flowly, it will more of dough consistency.
- Make about twelve equal sized balls of the dough and press each in-between your hands to form a cookie shape. Place them on the baking tray.
- Now press the reserved bacon and choco chips on the cookies.
- Bake for about 12 minutes and then allow the cookies to cool on a rack.
- Serve with love!
You can reserve these cookies for about three to four days in an air tight container. This gorgeous Father’s Day Recipe is best served with sweet and thick maple syrup. Another thing, if your dad is a bacon fan doubling the bacon quantity won’t harm a bit. For the topping instead of adding crushed bacon with cookies you can use larger strips too! Do share your views on this recipe and let us know of any interesting twists you can think of!
Click here for more Father’s Day Recipe on Stagetecture!