Healthy eating is necessary, especially during nighttime because the fat and calories of unhealthy foods directly get stored in our body, as we do not work this time. So, if loads of saturated fat, excessive sodium, and tons of calories are ruining your mealtime, check out this recipe for a break! This preparation from All Recipes is not only a healthy dinner item but also spicy enough to indulge your taste buds.
Healthy Dinner: Stuffed Peppers
Image via: Hungry Happens
Ground turkey (1 pound)
Diced and drained tomatoes (1 can of nearly 14.5 ounce)
4 green bell peppers (seeded and tops removed)
½ yellow bell pepper (chopped)
½ red bell pepper (chopped)
Fresh spinach (1 cup)
Sliced mushrooms (1 cup)
1 zucchini (chopped)
½ onion (chopped)
Tomato paste (1 tablespoon)
Olive oil (2 tablespoons)
Salt and pepper
Image via: Foodista
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- Place the green bell peppers in a baking dish after wrapping them in aluminum foil. Remove the heat after baking for 15 minutes.
- Put a frying pan over the stove and cook the turkey in medium heat. Cook until the color of meat becomes brown. Set aside.
- Now, heat olive oil in the frying pan. Cook yellow bell peppers, red bell peppers, zucchini, mushrooms, spinach, and onion until they become tender. After that, put the turkey into the pan and then mix in tomato paste and the canned tomato.
- Season the mixture with salt, pepper, garlic powder, and Italian seasoning. Now, stuff each green pepper with a good amount of this mixture.
- Bake the peppers for 15 minutes and serve hot!
- Before adding other ingredients, the spice lovers can consider seasoning the turkey with salt, pepper, paprika, basil, and oregano because ground turkey tastes plain bland to many people.
- You can use the extra filling for any dish with rice.
- Add up or decrease the amount of meat and vegetables as per your taste.
You cannot find such a low fat meal with so much flavor. It is a great tasting recipe with real nutritional punch. It is also a good change for those who want something different from the regular ground beef and rice stuffed peppers. Complete your healthy dinner by having carbs and cheese or pasta on the side.
Felling hungry? What’s your idea of a healthy dinner meal?
For more healthy recipes on Stagetecture, click here.