Where would we be without chocolate pudding? It is without a doubt one of the best desserts known to man. However, pudding has been pushed to the wayside as exotic desserts take center stage. If you want to make your family fall in love with pudding, serve them this homemade dessert recipe inspired by Martha Stewart. It’s very unique yet simple to make. Anytime you’re feeling cold, take it and bring warmth to your body. If you’re looking for how to cook the perfect pudding, look no further than this homemade dessert.
Homemade Chocolate Pudding Recipe from Scratch
Image via: Food Network
- ¼ tsp of salt
- ½ tsp of pure vanilla extract
- 2 big eggs (white and yolk separated)
- 4 tbsp of sugar
- 4 tbsp of unsalted butter
- 4 ounces of bittersweet or semisweet chocolate (chopped)
- Ice cream for serving (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 375⁰ Place 4 or 6 oven-proof bowls on a baking sheet.
- Put some water in a saucepan and heat it over medium heat until the water boils.
- Mix the butter and chocolate in a heatproof bowl and place it inside the saucepan. Stir the mixture occasionally until it melts (for about 4-5 minutes). Remove from the saucepan and add vanilla, egg yolks, and 2 tbsp of sugar.
- Using an electric mixer, beat the salt and egg whites until soft peaks form. Add the remaining 2 tbsp of sugar and continue beating the mixture till it becomes stiff.
- Put approximately ⅓ of the egg-white mixture into the chocolate mixture. Mix well. Fold in the remaining egg-white mixture. Divide it among the bowls. You can prepare the pudding in advance up to this point, cover it, and refrigerate it for a day.
- Bake the pudding until the tops are cracked and puffed but the insides are soft (for approximately 25-30 minutes). If you insert a toothpick in the center, it should come out gooey.
- Serve the pudding warm and top with ice cream.
Image via: The Healthy Foodie
Most people steer clear of chocolate because they’ve read it’s a major contributor to weight gain. Nothing could be further from the truth! Chocolate is only detrimental when taken in large quantities over a long period of time. In fact, you can take it even when you are on a diet. This light yet decadent chocolate recipe is all you need to satisfy your chocolate cravings!
Looking for more homemade pudding recipes? Stagetecture has them for you!