Who doesn’t love Macaroni and Cheese? Lobster is definitely a delicacy and a preparation made with lobster suits well for a festive occasion like a New Years party. This easy lobster recipe from the Food Network is prepared with macaroni and cheese and seasoned with black pepper and kosher salt. Make your New Years party meal more delicious with this gooey, cheesy pasta with loads of lobster meat.
New Years Party: Lobster Macaroni and Cheese Recipe
New Year’s Party Macaroni and Cheese Ingredients:
6 to 8 Servings
Elbow or cavatappi macaroni (1 pound)
All-purpose flour (1/2 cup)
Cooked lobster meat (1-1/2 pounds; 1/2-inch diced)
5 slices of white bread crumbs (1-1/2 cups; crusts removed)
Nutmeg (1/2 teaspoon; grounded)
Whole milk (1 quart)
Black pepper (1/2 teaspoon; freshly grounded)
Vegetable oil (2 tablespoons)
Cheddar cheese (2 cups or 8 ounces; grated)
Gruyere cheese (4 cups or 12 ounces; grated)
Unsalted butter (8 tablespoons; divided)
Macaroni and Cheese Directions:
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Take a large pot and boil water there. Add salt. Cook pasta al dente in the pot and drain well.
- Take a small saucepan and heat the milk without boiling it. Now, take a bigger pot and melt six tablespoons of butter in it. Add the all-purpose flour. Cook for 2 minutes at low heat while stirring continuously with a stick.
- Now, add the hot milk into the mix and cook for 1 to 2 minutes while keep stirring. Continue with the process until the mixture becomes smooth and thick.
- Stop the heat and add the pepper, nutmeg, 1-tablespoon salt, cheddar cheese, and Gruyere cheese into the mixture. Keep stirring until the cheese becomes softened. Stir in the lobster and cooked pasta. Put the mixture into six to eight gratin dishes.
- Now, take the remaining 2 tablespoons of butter and melt it. Mix with breadcrumbs and dust over the top of the gratin dishes. Put them inside the oven and bake for half an hour. Take them out after the past becomes brown and the sauce becomes frothy.
- Add or reduce the quantity of lobster and the two types of cheese, as you want.
- You can infuse the milk with lobster flavor by cooking it with the removed lobster shells. After the cooking, just strain and use the milk.
- If you like flavored food, add a bit more flavor in the preparation by using smoked Gruyere.
This recipe, combining lobster and macaroni, will taste absolutely heaven to those people who love them both. The preparation is rich, creamy but not heavy, perfect for enjoying in a New Years party.
What’s your special New Year’s party recipes? Let us know in the comment box!