Entry #1389, July 17, 2012
Summertime is the perfect time to grill outside and create recipes that are easy but full of flavor. Summer is especially great for sandwiches that taste good and can make your dull routine recipes get revamped. Put an end on your usual sandwich recipe with this recipe that is easy to make – Pecan Crusted Pork Sandwich and indulge yourself with a delicious treat! All you need is no more than 20 minutes and you’re done. Thanks Southern Living for this mouthwatering recipe.
Image via: Southern Living
Vegetable cooking spray
1 1/2 pounds lean ground pork
2 tablespoons reserved mayonnaise mixture from Dried Apricot-Chipotle Mayonnaise
1 tablespoon butter, melted
1/2 cup finely chopped pecans
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
4 French hamburger buns split
4 Bibb lettuce leaves
Dried Apricot-Chipotle Mayonnaise
Image via: Cooking Channel TV
1. Coat cold cooking grate of grill with cooking spray, and place on grill. Preheat grill to 350° to 400° (medium-high) heat.
2. Gently combine pork and reserved 2 Tbsp. Mayonnaise mixture until blended, using hands. Shape into 4 (4-inch-wide, 1-inch-thick) patties.
3. Stir together butter and next 3 ingredients in a small bowl until well blended. Sprinkle each patty with about 2 Tbsp. Pecan mixture (about 1 Tbsp. On each side), gently pressing to adhere.
4. Grill pecan-covered pork patties, covered with grill lid, over 350° to 400° (medium-high) heat 6 to 8 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer inserted into center registers 155°.
5. Grill buns, cut sides down, 1 to 2 minutes or until lightly toasted. Serve burgers on buns with lettuce and Dried Apricot-Chipotle Mayonnaise.
Ensure that your French bun is fresh and your meat is properly grounded. Try it and be amazed at how Pecan Crusted Pork Sandwich captures your taste. Whether grilling indoors or out, now is the time to get your mouth watering sandwiches going!
For more food recipes on Stagetecture, click here.