Fourth of July is shortly making its way to our homes. So let’s celebrate this memorable occasion with a treat that will add a bit of flavorful spice to the party. The Spicy Chicken and Pepper Subs recipe will be just the Fourth of July Chicken Recipe to add some pep to your Fourth of July Holiday. The recipe is simple and will take no time to create, just take a look below on how to go about it.
Spicy Chicken or Beef and Pepper Subs Recipe
Substitute beef for chicken for a classic Philly Sandwich!
Serves: 4 subs
1 tablespoon of Canola Oil
4 (3-ounce) Whole-Wheat Hoagie Rolls; (Split in Halves)
½ teaspoon of Dried Oregano
1 pound of Chicken Breast Tenders
¼ teaspoon of Kosher Salt
1 large julienne-(long, thin cuts) Yellow Bell Pepper
A jar of Mild or hot Banana Peppers
¼ teaspoon of Freshly Ground Black Pepper
½ cup of lower-sodium Marinara Sauce
2 ounces part-skim Mozzarella Cheese, shredded (approx. ½ cup)
Grilling Sandwich Directions:
- Preheat your broiler to high.
- Next, hollow out the top and bottom halves of the hoagie rolls, being sure to cut out 1-inch-depths within the shells, and take the cut out bread and set it aside for other usage.
- Place the hoagie rolls on a baking sheet with the cut side facing upwards, then place the sheet in the oven and let the rolls broil for about 1 minute or until the rolls are toasted.
- Take out a large nonstick skillet and place it over a medium heat. While the skillet is heating, add in the canola oil and coat the entire skillet with the oil by swirling it around.
- The next step for this Fourth of July Chicken Recipe is to season the chicken; evenly sprinkle the chicken breast with the oregano, pepper and salt. Then place the breast into the pan, and let them cook for about 7minutes; turning them sporadically.
- Add in the yellow bell pepper and a few of the banana peppers (7-10) to the pan and allow them to cook for about 2 minute or until the bell pepper becomes tender and the chicken is finished.
- Time to add in the marinara sauce and once the marinara sauce has been added let it cook for about 30 seconds or until the marinara sauce has been cooked thoroughly. Then set the burner on low or you can turn it off.
- Go back to the hoagie rolls and place them on a plate. Then divide the chicken mixture equally on to the bottom halves of the rolls and put the mozzarella cheese on the top halves of the rolls, then broil them for about 1 minute or until the cheese melts.
- Turn off the oven and take the rolls out. Put the top rolls on the bottom rolls and ENJOY your Fourth of July Chicken Recipe!
*You can use Jalapeño Peppers instead of Banana Peppers, just to add more color and a more flavor.
For more easy recipes on Stagetecture, click here.