Now that the spring season is here, let’s make a springtime meal to go along with it. Since the weather is getting warmer it’s a great time to brush up on eating more fruits, fresh veggies, whole grains and great poultry for lighter meals. So try out this springtime recipe, the Sweet Thai Chicken, Mango and Pineapple Salad for starters. This entrée will not only give you the sweet, spicy and salty taste that will give your taste buds a boost to heaven but it will also give you the nourishment that your body needs to make it through the day. So take a look below on how to create this wonderful dish yourself.
Sweet Thai Chicken, Mango and Pineapple
Image via: Comfy Belly
1 (14-ounce) can of Regular or Light Coconut Milk
1 tablespoon of Thai Red Curry Paste (or more to taste)
2 teaspoons of Freshly Grated Orange Zest
½ cup of Fresh Orange Juice
4 boneless, skinless Chicken Breasts (cut into 1-inch cubes)
1 Mango (Peeled, pitted and cut into 1-inch cubes)
1 Pineapple (Peeled, cored, and cut into 1-inch cubes)
4 cups of Salad Greens
Image via: Iowa Girl Eats
- First, start off by whisking the coconut milk, red curry paste, orange zest and orange juice together and reserve ½ cup of the mixture in a separate container and put to the side.
- Then take a ziplock bag, and begin tossing together the chicken breast cubes. When the chicken cubes have been coated then take them out of the bag and place in a bowl.
- Next, take the fruit and the marinade that is in the ziplock bag and toss them together. Then take the food and let I marinate at room temperature for at least 15-30 minutes.
- Now you can prepare a charcoal fire or heat a gas grill or use a George Foreman grill to medium-high heat and oil the grill. Puncture the chicken on to skewers and the fruit chunks onto skewers.
- Place the skewers on the grill and skewered the chicken for 3-4 minutes preside being sure to cook thoroughly, and grill the fruit skewers for 2 minutes until visible marks are shown.
- Then remove the chicken and fruit from the skewers and serve them over the salad greens drizzled with the reserved marinade. And Enjoy!