Need a quick and easy meal to finish off your day? Then look no further because here is a recipe to start off your summer. The blackened Shrimp Alfredo recipe will be a sure fire way to satisfy your stomach and taste bud cravings. Not only will the recipe take no time but it will have quite the fabulous look for all to enjoy! So take out some time for your dinner and create this dish! You won’t be mad that you did!
Summer Dinner Recipe: Blackened Shrimp Alfredo
Image via: Around My Family Table
Total Cook Time: 25 minutes
Fettuccine pasta noodles (8-ounces)
2 teaspoons of Cajun- Style Seafood Seasoning
1 package of Peeled, De-veined medium sized, Shrimp
1 teaspoon Italian Seasoning Blend
2 tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Large zip-top bag
Fresh Basil Leaves (8-10)
1 (16-ounce) jar Alfredo Sauce
8 ounces Steak-topper Vegetables (mushrooms, green peppers, onions)
1/3 cup of Sherry
1 tablespoon of Parmesan Cheese, grated
- Boil the fettuccine noodles for 11-12 minutes, or until the noodles are soft being sure to add in a pinch of salt for taste.
- While the noodles are boiling, heat a large saute’ pan on a high heat.
- Then, take the large zip top bag and put the seasonings and shrimp into the bag. Shake the bag to evenly coat the shrimp. After the shrimp has been fully covered then throw the shrimp into the pan laying them flat, cooking them for 2 minutes without stirring or turning them over.
- Next, add in the vegetables then you can rotate the shrimp around, afterwards cover the top and saute’ 3-4 minutes stirring occasionally.
- When the sauteing is finished, chop the basil leaves into about 2 tablespoons and stir them into the shrimp with the Alfredo sauce, the sherry and cheese. Then saute’ the mixture for approx. 1 minute. Then take the cooked fettuccine noodles and stir them into the shrimp/ sauce mixture and saute’ for another minute.
- Then Enjoy!
For more easy meal ideas on Stagetecture, click here.