A delicious soup recipe is a perfect way to start your holiday meal! Serving a great, memorable Thanksgiving Dinner is not an easy task. Good recipes are essential to achieving a wonderful result and the beginning is really important, so here is a recipe for a Thanksgiving Side that will make the dinner hit off the ground in the best possible way. The recipe is easy to prepare and can be served even in small shot glasses to provide your guest will a little appetizer that will give them an idea of what to expect for the rest of the dinner. Beautiful stoneware dishes are also great for serving this earthy, rustic soup.
How to Make Creamy Mushroom Soup Recipe
Mushroom Soup Recipe Ingredients:
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- ¼ cup of butter
- 1 chopped medium white onion
- 1-2 bay leaves
- 2 teaspoons fresh rosemary, snipped
- 1 ½ pounds coarsely chopped button mushrooms
- 2 14 ounce cans vegetable broth
- 2 cups whipped cream
- A little olive oil for serving
Soup Recipe Directions:
- Melt the butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the chopped onion, the bay leaves, the minced garlic and the rosemary to the pan and cook for about 5-6 minutes, until the onion becomes tender.
- Add the mushrooms and cook for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the vegetable broth and bring to a boil. Lower the heat and let the ingredients simmer for 5 – 10 minutes without covering the pan, until the mushrooms become tender. Take out the bay leaves and let it cool a little bit.
- Little by little blend the ingredients in a blender until smooth, but not completely smooth, you can leave a little portion of chunky ingredients for texture if you like. When you have blended the soup, pout it again into the pan and add salt and freshly ground pepper to taste. Bring the soup to a boil and whisk in the whipping cream; let it all heat through.
- Serve the soup individually, drizzling a little olive oil over it and sprinkle with a few snipped rosemary leaves.
This easy yet elegant soup will give your dinner a perfect kick off. Add a few wild mushrooms to the button mushrooms when cooking for giving the soup an even earthier taste or add some more minced garlic to spice things up. Serve the soup with some crispy croutons or bread sticks to round the dish up and you will have the perfect Thanksgiving Side.