Patriotic Popcorn is perfect throughout the entire summer. From Memorial Day, Fourth of July and then of course Labor Day is just around the corner. For a unique Labor Day Snack, which is easy and delish at the same time, try making patriotic popcorn. It can be easily packed even individually, so everyone can eat their snack or save it for a little later.
Patriotic Popcorn Ingredients:
- 12 cups popped popcorn (choose a white variety), divided into 3 parts
- 3 cups chocolate candy melts (blue, red, white) or white chocolate which you can dye it with gel paste colors (the water based food colorings are not suitable for this use)+
- Prepare a baking sheet by lining it with wax paper.
- Melt one color of the chocolate melts in a double broiler or in a microwave. If you’re using white chocolate melt 1/3 of it, choose some good quality one and heat it very carefully, since white chocolate can get clumpy really fast, especially if melting it in a double broiler. Add the desired color and stir quickly.
- Pour the melted chocolate over 1/3 of the popped popcorn and stir until everything is covered well.
- Spread the popcorn on the baking sheet. You can now choose to either form popcorn balls (as soon as the mixture is cold enough to handle but still formable) or leave it as it is. If making the popcorn balls, you can even try to insert a lollipop or ice-cream stick to make serving it easier and more fun.
- Let the mixture cool down. If you decided to spread the popcorn, just break it apart.
- Repeat the procedure with the remaining colors.
Serve the popcorn in a bowl by mixing all the colors together or arrange them on a serving plate by color. Filling small cellophane bags with it for individual serving is another cute idea, especially if you want to give them away as a Labor Day Snack gift. Making popcorn balls on a stick and wrapping them individually or arranging them to display them would make a perfect snack for a Labor Day Party Buffet. Just let your imagination guide you on how to serve this easy but at the same time impressive Labor Day Snack and it’s sure that you will delight anyone who tries it.
For more patriotic recipes on Stagetecture, click here.