Entry #3218, March 7, 2014
Winter is almost over and spring is about to come with its freshness. It means lots of indoor and outdoor parties! Many of you might have been thinking of cold party drinks but this hot chocolate recipe is perfect for this time when there is still a chill in the air – neither freezing nor hot.
Party Drinks Ideas: Hot Chocolate with Coconuts
Image via: Diva Moms
The preparation can be served to 4 persons
• Half-and-half (3 cups)
• Coconut milk or 2% milk (1 cup)
• Coconut extract (1 tablespoon)
• Vanilla extract (1 tablespoon)
• Unsweetened cocoa powder (1/2 cup)
• Kosher salt (1/2 teaspoon)
• White sugar (1/2 cup)
For Decoration and Topping
• Unsweetened shredded or flaked coconut (1/2 cup)
• Marshmallows for topping
• Whipped cream for topping
• Frosting to rim the glasses or mugs
Image via: The Culinary Quest
• Put a saucepan over the stove at medium-high heat and whisk half-and-half, cocoa powder, milk, and sugar in it. Keep stirring until sugar and cocoa melt.
• Cook for 5-10 minutes and remove the heat when the mixture starts to steam.
• Stir in coconut extract, vanilla extract, and salt into the cocoa mixture.
• Before serving, put a saucepan on the stove and set the heat at low. Add the shredded coconut into it and stir with a spoon. Toast until the coconut becomes golden.
• Let them cool down and crush them to small flakes.
• Take mugs or glasses and rim their edges with a bit of melted chocolate or some frosting. After that, gently press the coconut flakes on the rims.
• Pour the mixture into mugs or glasses and dress up with marshmallows and whipped cream.
Image via: How Sweet Eats
This preparation may appear very rich and sweet to the taste of some people. In that case, reduce a bit of sugar and some half-and-half and add some extra milk. On the contrary, add a bit Kahlua, Baileys, or anything else if you want a richer and adult version of it. This party drink will be an instant hit in any party.
For more drinks and cocktails on Stagetecture, click here