Entry #2835, September 15, 2013
What’s for breakfast? Are you tired of having the same recipe for breakfast? Well, try this Autumn Pear and Walnut Breakfast Muffins recipe for your next meal. This will truly boost your energy to start your day. It’s a delicious muffin recipe that you can make quick and easy.
Autumn Pear & Walnut Breakfast Muffins
Image via: Daniëlle D – via Pinterest
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup all-purpose flour (about 4 1/2 ounces)
- 1/3 cup whole wheat flour (about 1 1/2 ounces)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 (8-ounce) carton plain fat-free yogurt
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/2 cups finely diced peeled pear
- Cooking spray
- 3 tablespoons turbinado sugar
Image via: Sarka B – via Flickr
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Place walnuts in a food processor; process until finely ground.
- Lightly spoon flours into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Combine flours and next 3 ingredients (through salt) in a medium bowl; stir well with a whisk. Stir in ground walnuts. Make a well in center of mixture.
- Combine brown sugar and the next 4 ingredients (through egg) in a small bowl; add to the flour mixture, stirring just until moist. Fold in diced pear.
- Spoon batter into 15 muffin cups coated with cooking spray; sprinkle batter with turbinado sugar. Bake at 400° for 20 minutes or until muffins spring back when touched lightly in center. Remove from pans immediately. Place on a wire rack. Serve either warm or at room temperature.
You should be able to yield at least 15 muffins using the whole ingredients. The taste is truly rich and the texture is perfect for a muffin. It’s a great muffin recipe that you will love to eat every day. Make sure that you only use fresh fruits and ingredients to ensure a perfect Autumn Pear & Walnut Breakfast Muffins.
For more breakfast recipes on Stagetecture, click here.