“What’s for dinner?” That’s something that I believe we all hear from time to time. And how many times do you respond (in your mind or aloud) “I don’t know…” Well here is a suggestion for tonight’s dinner recipe. Try the Spicy Chicken and Butternut Squash Penne, it is one of those meals that will make your family happy and full from all of the flavorful ingredients. So for tonight let’s answer that forbidden question and have some leftovers for tomorrow so there won’t be a repeat performance of not knowing or having a recipe in mind.
Dinner Recipe: Spicy Chicken and Butternut Squash Penne
Image via: Epic Food Po
Total Time: 1 hr. 48 min.
Prep Time: 8 min
Cook Time: 1hr. 40 min
½ lb. of Chicken Breast
Olive Oil (For Drizzling)
Kosher Salt and Freshly Ground Black Pepper
1 Onion, diced into ½- inch pieces
1 lb. of Penne Pasta
Vegetable Oil Cooking Spray
1 (2lb.) Butternut Squash, peeled and seeded; cut into ¾ -inch cubes
1 cup of 8-ounces Goat Cheese, crumbled
1 packaged cup of chopped fresh Basil Leaves
1 cup of coarsely chopped Walnuts, toasted
1/3 cup of finely grated Parmesan
Cajun Seasoning bottle
Image via: Ezra Pound Cake
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees F, and take one of the racks in the oven and place it in the middle slot of the rack.
- The take the chicken breast and season it with the Cajun chicken seasoning and some salt and pepper to taste. Then spray a cooking pan with some of the cooking spray and let the chicken breast cook in it, until both sides of the chicken turn golden. Once the chicken has been cooked thoroughly then, set it aside.
- Next for your dinner recipe, get a baking sheet and lightly spray it with the cooking spray, then lay it aside.
- Thirdly, start mixing and arranging the butternut squash and onions together on the oiled baking sheet. After you’ve made a single layer of the squash and onions on the baking sheet, drizzle the layer down with the Olive Oil and season them with the salt and pepper to taste.
- Place the baking sheet in your oven and let it bake for 40-45 minutes or until the vegetable get a golden look and are cooked through. Once the vegetables have met the criteria, then take them out of the oven and set them aside again for cooling.
- While the previous mixture is cooling; get a large pot fill it with salted water and bring it to a boil over a high heat. Begin adding in the pasta and let them cook until they become tender yet still firm when bitten. Stir the pot occasionally and the pot should cook for about 8-10 min.
- Now take the chicken and a fork and shred down the chicken; until all of the chicken has been shredded for the meal.
- Drain the pasta from the pot but keep about 2 cups of the pasta water. In a large bowl, put the goat cheese, pasta, shredded spiced chicken and the 1 cup of the pasta water in it. Toss it around until the goat cheese has completely melted and forms a creamy sauce. Time for adding the squash and onion mixture into the mix; then you can add in the walnuts along with the basil. Toss the entire mixture with salt and pepper to taste.
- Top off the entire mixture with Parmesan cheese then serve.
Image via: The Wicked Noodle
Typically, we have answers to the never ending question, “So what’s for dinner tonight?” But there are those days when you are just caught up in life that you literally do not know what you are going to cook or eat. Not to worry look to Stagetecture to be your comforter and Guru for your homing needs. The recipe is simple to make and leaving your family happy and content. So for tonight’s dinner recipe try the one above and let us know how it goes.
Stagetecture readers, what are some of your favorite pasta meals? We have some great pasta recipe suggestions to try!