There is almost no way that you can find someone that believes you can celebrate Easter without some suitable desserts. And if you ask kids that question, than the chance of finding one that doesn’t love Easter Treats will be zero. Keeping kids happy without going crazy with the preparations hasn’t to be impossible. Just choose a couple of the Easy Dessert Recipes we are suggesting and everything is going to go smooth and uncomplicated.
Easter Treats: How to Make Easy Dessert Recipes
Image via: My Magical Pastries
Easy Easter Desserts: Coconut Macaroon Nests
One idea is to make some super easy easter coconutty macaroon nests as desserts.
Easter Dessert Ingredients:
Non – stick cooking spray
4 egg whites (from large eggs)
½ tsp coarse salt
14 ounces of sweetened flaked coconut
Jelly beans or candy eggs
Image via: Skinnytaste
- Begin by preheating your oven to 300 degrees and coating one or more mini muffin tin(s) with the cooking spray. This recipe will result in about 24 nests.
- Take a large bowl and stir together the egg whites with the salt using a fork. Add the coconut and mix well with the fork.
- Take an amount of the mixture (about 2 tbsps.) and drop it into the muffin tins. Press the mixture with your finger from the middle to the edges so the sides go up and form a nest. Bake the nests until they become lightly golden on the top rack, for about 30 minutes.
- Let the tins cool down for about ten minutes and then, using a thin knife or spatula to loosen the edges, lift the nests out of the tins carefully and let them cool down completely.
- Spoon a small amount of chocolate into each nest and decorate the nests with jelly beans or candy eggs.
Fun dessert recipes for kids:
Easy Bunny Cupcakes
No celebration is complete if children are not involved. Choose fun and easy dessert recipes for kids to help with, like the one we are proposing here. Dessert recipes like cupcakes are great for kids and adults alike because they are portable and you can be decorated in creative ways!
(for 12 cupcakes)
1/3 cup butter (at room temperature)
2 eggs (at room temperature)
1 cup sifted all-purpose flour
1 tsp sifted baking powder
¼ tsp baking soda
A pinch of salt
2/3 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
½ tsp lemon extract
1/3 cup buttermilk
Your favorite creamy frosting
12 large white marshmallows and pink sprinkles (for the decoration)
Image via: Hungry Heart
- Start by lining 12 cupcake forms or greasing them.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, the baking soda, salt and baking powder.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- In another large mixing bowl and using an electric mixer, beat the softened butter for about a minute and then add the sugar and the extracts. Continue beating for about 2 minutes until the mixture is fluffy. Add the eggs one by one, beating in between. Lastly, add a little of the flour mixture, combine, mixing on low, and add some buttermilk and combine. Continue adding in this fashion until all the ingredients are combined.
- Spoon the batter into the cupcake forms until they are half full. Bake them for about 20 minutes. Let them cool down for 5 minutes inside the forms, then take them out and let them cool completely down on a wire rack.
- Spread frosting over each cupcake.
- Now it’s time to make the cute bunny ears. Just take a marshmallow and cut them diagonally using a pair of scissors. Without losing any time, press the cut, sticky side of each marshmallow pieces into the sprinkles or sprinkle the sprinkle on to the same area. Place the two marshmallow pieces on the cupcakes by pressing them into the frosting, making two ears.
Cute Easter Cake Ideas: Bunnies, Carrots, Baskets and Eggs
Easter Cakes are always are great idea and they can be easy and cute-looking, too. Think about simply frosting them and adding some dark chocolate cookie crumbles on top, decorating with sweet, edible bunnies and carrots or chocolate baskets filled with candy eggs.
There are tons of Easy Dessert Recipes and ideas for fun Easter Treats out there, ours being just a small sample. They can either be easy or more complicated but they will surely result in a fun, cute and tasty treat for the Easter season and they are always well received if given away as a present to a special person. Involve the kids in making the easier recipes and let them have some fun decorating them to make them even more special.
For more Easter dessert ideas on Stagetecture, click here.