Easter is just around the corner and most of us are already making preparations for the celebration. A great way to save some time and keep everything under control is to start early and make as much as you can ahead of time. A clever idea is to make a beautifully decorated, yummy Easter Bunny Cake. Cakes are wonderful for giving away or for completing a festive meal. Choose our yummy cake recipe and follow the easy decorating steps for a guaranteed result. If you want to save even more time, you can always use a cake mix from a store.
How to Make a Cute Easter Bunny Cake
Image via: Party Bluprints
3 cups of flour (all-purpose)
1 tablespoon baking powder
2 cups sugar
2/3 cup butter (softened)
4 eggs (large)
1 cup milk
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
A pinch of salt
A batch of your favorite frosting
Image via: Odelice
- Start by preheating your oven to 350°. Take two 9-inch round cake pans and grease and flour them thoroughly.
- In a bowl, combine the baking powder and the flour.
- In another bowl, combine the milk and the vanilla extract.
- Using an electric mixer beat together the butter and sugar until you have a fluffy mixture.
- Beat in the eggs one by one, until well blended.
- Now add a little of the milk – vanilla mixture while mixing. Beat in a little of the flour mix. Continue alternately adding the flour and milk mixture until everything is well blended.
- Spread half of the mixture into one pan and the rest into the other.
- Bake for about 35 to 40 minutes. To check if the cake is done, carefully insert a toothpick into the centers; if it comes out clean, your cake is done. Let the cakes cool for about 10 minutes on a wire rack, then remove them from the pans and let them cool down completely.
- Now it’s time to make your cakes look like a cute bunny! To do that, take one of your cakes and cut 2 opposite edges into ear shapes, which will be the bunny’s ears while the remaining cake will be the bunny’s bow tie. Leave the second cake whole and round (it will be the bunny’s face). Take a large plate or serving tray and place the bow tie at the bottom of it. Place the cake you left whole above the bow tie and arrange the ear cake pieces above it (use a little frosting to secure the pieces to each other).
- Make a batch of your favorite frosting or use a store bought one. Spread the frosting evenly over the bunny. You can now decorate either with candies, shredded coconut or some colored frosting. Let your imagination be your guide!
Best cake recipes
You can search Stagetecture for the best cake recipes and choose one that will please you and your guests. Choose chocolate, vanilla or lemon as flavors for your cake and try different types or flavors for your frosting to make the best Easter Bunny Cake ever!
Chocolate Bird Nests for fun Easter Desserts
Make some Birds Nest Easter Baskets Desserts which are perfect not only for treating your guests but also for giving away. They look stunning and taste even better than they look. Add a few small jellybeans or chocolate shelled candy eggs to make them look even cuter. Small candy figurines like little chickens or birds, even small edible roses or other flowers can add a colorful twist to the nests.
Image via: Unsophisticook
Using your favorite cupcake recipe and simple decorating techniques will enable you to quickly prepare some yummy, adorable and even stunning treats for Easter.
Image via: Garnish and Glaze
Go on and make this cute Easter Bunny Cake to amaze your guests or bring it to an Easter gathering and treat everybody a delicious piece. It is really easy to make and you can make it even easier by using premade cake mixes and frostings, but to be honest, nothing tastes better than a homemade cake made with high quality, fresh ingredients.
For more Easter desserts on Stagetecture, click here.