Chocolate chips are the best perk to any recipe, right? If there is one thing that can make any day seem special, it’s having brunch! It is simply fun and can be the perfect occasion for a family and friends gathering. And it really doesn’t need to be fancy! You can choose easy – but definitely delicious – easy brunch recipes ideas to fill the table, either sweet, like chocolate chip pancakes, or savory. We also love these easy brunch recipes ideas from BHG.
Easy Brunch Recipes: Mini Chocolate Chip Pancakes
Image via: Pop Sugar – Chocolate Chip Pancakes
Mini Chocolate Chip Pancakes Ingredients:
1 cup all-purpose flour
2 tbsp white sugar
1 tbsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup milk, room temperature
2 tbsp butter, melted and cooled
¼ tsp cinnamon powder
1/2 cup miniature chocolate chips
- To begin, sift together the flour, cinnamon powder, baking powder and then add the sugar and salt into a bowl. Combine using a spoon.
- In another bowl, beat the egg and add milk and combine well.
- Now add the butter to the flour mixture and then add the milk mixture. With a whisk, stir well until you have a smooth, creamy butter.
- Lastly, fold in the chocolate chips.
- Prepare a small nonstick skillet by lightly greasing it with vegetable oil. The best way to do that is to simply pour a small amount of oil onto a paper towel and swipe the skillet with it.
- Now it’s time to heat the skillet over low heat. Pour an appropriate amount of batter (about 1/3 cup) into the well heated skillet and cover it with a lid. Let the pancake cook until you see bubbles and the batter seems that it is not runny anymore; that should mean that it is done on the bottom, but to be sure, check the bottom that should be browned by now (it should take about 3 minutes). Now flip the pancake and cook it covered until the other side is browned, too.
- Repeat until you have cooked all the batter.
Pancake mix recipe for quick cooking:
A good way to always be prepared to make a few delicious pancakes is to have your pancake mix ready in the cupboard. Just prepare on any day a mix with the dry ingredients and keep it in a glass jar that closes well. When the time comes, just prepare the rest of the pancake recipe and add your pancake mixture to it. Here is a pancake mix recipe from Food Network’s Alton Brown that is delicious and really easy to follow.
Simple pancake recipe with a twist:
You can give your simple pancake recipe a nice twist by adding some ingredients, like small pieces of berries or a little almond flour. Also, using buttermilk or Greek yoghurt can add flavor.
Easy brunch recipes:
Brunch should be about relaxing and enjoying good food with nice company, so preparing it has to be as stress-free as possible. To do that, choose some easy brunch recipes that require only few ingredients and are quick to put together. Another great idea is to prepare brunch dishes that can be made the previous day or that freeze well.
We also love these chocolate chip recipes:
- Mega Chocolate Chip Muffins recipe from Betty Crocker
- Banana Chocolate Chip Pancakes recipe from Crazy for Crust
Having brunch is a great way to spend some quality time with your loved ones and it can turn an ordinary day into a day worth to remember. Make non-fail recipes, that are easy and don’t require much clean-up for an even more enjoyable brunch experience, just like the yummy chocolate chip pancakes recipe above. Stack the pancakes and use a wooden skewer to secure them and serve with a handful of beautiful fresh blueberries and some maple syrup to take this simple dish to a superior level of deliciousness and flavor.