Disclosure: This is a sponsored post by Hamilton Beach, all opinions are strictly my own.
For those of you ready for summer barbecues and entertaining, grilled fruit is the perfect ending to your delicious meal! Whether you are getting ready for a patriotic holiday get together with the family or you want an impromptu rainy-day indoor grilled treat, thank grilled fruit kabobs for dessert are just the answer. I’m excited to pair with Hamilton Beach and feature their Indoor Searing Grill available on Amazon.com. While it is ideal for cooking meats and vegetables to lock in flavors it also can grill fruit, beautifully.
Strawberry Shortcake Grilled Fruit Kabobs Dessert Recipe
The best part about the indoor searing grill is the ability to enjoy outdoor grilled flavor inside your home. With its high heat searing temperature, it ensures your meat will be juicy and flavorful every time. If you are adventurous and want to try a grilled dessert you will like my grilled fruit ideas below.
Take a look at my delicious strawberry shortcake grilled fruit kabobs dessert recipe!
Strawberry Shortcake Grilled Fruit Ingredients:
4-6 Metal Skewers
Fruit cut into equal sized chunks (Strawberries & pineapples are delicious!)
1 pound cake loaf cut into slices and then cubed (Same size as fruit)
Whipped Cream for dipping
BBQ Grilled Desserts Directions:
- Turn on your Searing Grill to high heat – 400 degrees by plugging in the grill and turning the temperature dial. The green light will glow when it has reached the temperature.
- While your grill is preheating place alternating pound cake chunks and fruit pieces on your metal skewers. If your fruit or cake falls off cut larger chunks to ensure it is steadily on the skewer.
- Once the green light is glowing on the searing grill place skewers on a diagonal (to get nice grill marks 🙂 ) Leave on the grill for 4-5 minutes or until your pound cake is toasted. If your fruit isn’t grilling consider cutting pieces a bit larger than the cake chunks. I liked my fruit firmer so I made the cake chunks larger so the fruit didn’t sit on the grill as long.
- Turnover skewer for another 4-5 minutes and remove hot skewers with an oven-mitted hand.
- Serve with delicious whipped cream on the side for your summer entertaining!
More Grilled Kabobs Ideas with your Searing Grill
If you love traditional meat and vegetable kabobs you can use steak, chicken, or pork chunks and alternate fresh vegetables and meat and the holes in the bottom of the grill will drip down into the drip tray. This is perfect for easy clean up afterward and leaves your food with less grease to consume.
Searing Grill Features:
- Adjustable temperature control from 200 degrees to high searing 450 degrees
- Removable non-stick cooking plates remove for dishwasher cleanup
- Removable hood and drip tray
- Large 110 square inch surface fits up to 8 servings of food
What Summer Desserts will you Grill?
The summer is made for delicious recipes and the Hamilton Beach searing grill is your answer to indoor convenience with outdoor grilled taste. My grilled fruit strawberry shortcake kabobs are easy to make and will be the perfect go-to dessert all year around! For more great recipes see my past Hamilton Beach posts.
For more summer desserts on Stagetecture don’t miss these 23 Patriotic Dessert Recipes!