Thick tomato soup is heaven in the cold winter months! And when this winter soup comes with a punch of fresh basil and other herbs, there comes a flavor and aroma that is hard to miss. Our today’s recipe-The Classic Tomato Basil Soup is prepared in a chicken broth base that adds some more winter indulgence in the bowl. So go get the family together, cuddle by the fireplace and bask in the warm homeliness of this winter soup! Here is the recipe:)
Classic Basil & Tomato Soup Recipe
Tomato Soup Ingredients:
1.5 kg fresh red tomatoes, chopped, deskinned and crushed
3 cups chicken broth
1/2 cup chopped white onions
1 tsp chopped garlic
1/2 cup cream
1/3 cup minced fresh basil
2 tsp fresh parsley, chopped fine
1/4 tsp dried oregano
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
1/4 cup granulated sugar
2 tsp olive oil
Tomato Soup Directions:
- In a nonstick pan add the olive oil and heat it. Now add onions and garlic and let them sauté for a minute or two on medium heat.
- Add chicken broth and tomatoes to the sautéed garlic and onions. Bring the contents to a boil and then simmer on low heat for about 25 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and let the mixture rest for about an hour. Make sure the mixture cools down before the next step.
- Blend the mixture into a fine puree using a blender.
- Pour the entire mixture into a saucepan, add basil and all the remaining ingredients. Bring it to a boil and let it simmer for about 20 to 25 minutes.
- Tomato basil soup is ready to be served!
Looking for more soup recipes?
You will love this yummy soup recipes.
This winter soup tastes the best when served along with toasted bread or bread croutons. You can even garnish the tomato and basil soup with grated parmesan cheese or heavy cream. Another great accompaniment is homemade garlic bread. We would love to hear your take on The Tomato and Basil Soup recipe and do share your suggestions and inputs on it!
Click here for more Soup Recipes!