Looking for unique presents to give away this year? How about trendy phone cases? I’m not talking about new ones which cost an arm and a leg; I’m talking about DIY phone covers. They are easy to make and you can add your own elements for a personal touch. DIY crafts are great because you can tweak them for a perfect outcome. You’ll love this holiday DIY gift for its simplicity. So, get the tools and start making a personalized case for your favorite gadget!
Holiday DIY Gift: Customized Phone Case
Image via: Etsy
Video on Customizing Your Phone Case
Link to video: How to customize a phone case
Things You’ll Need
- Scrapbook paper
- Modge Podge
- Trinkets or small decorations (optional)
- Small sharp knife
- Phone case
Image via: Etsy
- Place your phone case on top of the scrapbook paper and outline it. Leave about an extra inch all around.
- Apply a thin coat of modge podge on the inner part of the paper (the white side).
- Place your phone case on a flat surface with the inside part facing upwards.
- Place the scrapbook paper inside the phone cover. Flatten the edges with your fingers.
- Wait for the modge podge to dry (about 2 hours).
- Cut the extra paper with the knife. Also cut the camera lens opening and any other openings.
- Apply a single coat of modge podge on the entire cover and leave it to dry.
- If you have trinkets, avoid the scrapbook paper altogether and attach them to the outer part of the phone case using modge podge.
- Once the modge podge dries, use your gorgeous phone.
Image via: Edilany Fernandes
Thinking of making unique gifts for your family and friends this Christmas? Try this holiday DIY project. Even those who seem to have everything will be impressed. Those who receive your gifts will know you went the extra mile to make their day special. The best thing about this project is that you can make your phone case however you want; you don’t have to stick to the rules. Add your favorite decorations for a personalized look.
What is your favorite phone case DIY idea?