Do you love Irish soda bread made from scratch? Well believe it or not St. Patrick’s Day is on the way! If you’re looking for the perfect recipe today to serve with your corned beef and cabbage, these Irish inspired Soda-Bread Biscuits are the perfect accompaniment. If you need any other St. Patrick’s ideas for crafts, recipes, decorations and party ideas – be sure to check them all out here!
Irish Soda Bread Biscuits Recipe
Irish Soda Bread Ingredients:
4 1/2 cups flour
1 Tbsp sugar
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
4 Tbsp butter
1 cup raisins
1 large egg, lightly beaten
1 3/4 cups buttermilk
Irish Soda Bread Biscuits Directions:
1. Mix 2 cups flour, 2 teaspoons sugar and 3/4 teaspoon each baking soda and kosher salt in a bowl.
2. Work in 2 tablespoons diced cold butter by hand. Add 1/2 cup raisins and 1 tablespoon caraway seeds.
3. Mix in 3/4 cup buttermilk.
4. Pat out the dough until 1 inch thick; cut into four to six 2 1/2-inch rounds.
5. Bake at 375 degrees F, 15 to 20 minutes.
Looking for more St. Patrick’s Day Recipes?
We think you’ll love these Pistachio cupcakes recipe
For more St. Patrick’s Day desserts on Stagetecture, click here.