Valentine’s Day is chalk full of sweet treats to brighten your special day. And let’s not break tradition, shall we. The chocolate strawberry waffle pop, is one Valentine’s day treat that give you both bunches of sweetness that you can conveniently carry around. One pop in your mouth and you will be craving for more. Not another moment to lose, time to pop out your V-day sweet treat.
Valentine’s Day Treat: Chocolate Strawberry Waffle Pops
Image via: Food Network
Prep Time: 20 min
Inactive: 5 min
Cook: 10 min
Total Time: 1 hr 25 min
12 Large Strawberries, hulled
6 ounces of Semi-sweet Chocolate, finely chopped
Vegetable Oil, for deep-frying
Confectioners Sugar, for dusting
2 cups of Dry Pancake and Waffle mix (Ingredients for package directions)
Image via: Follow Me Pics
- First take the strawberries, and place one strawberry on one skewer then repeat the process until all of the strawberries have been placed onto each skewer, and place the skewers on a baking sheet line with parchment paper and set the sheet in the freezer for about 30 minutes.
- Next for your Valentine’s day treat, place the chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl, and microwave it on a high for 15-second intervals, be sure to stir after each interval until the chocolate has almost melted. Once you have gotten to that point all you have to do is remove from the heat and stir until the chocolate is smooth.
- Take out the baking sheet with the skewered strawberries and begin dipping the strawberries into the melted chocolate, and once again place the skewers back onto the parchment sheet then return the sheet back to the freezer for 15 more minutes.
- Now, time to switch over and begin heating the vegetable oil. Take out a deep pot and fill it with about 4-6 inches of vegetable oil letting it cook at 330 degrees F. Once you are finished with the oil, time to make the waffle mix.
- Follow the directions as displayed on the waffle or pancake mix. Once you have the batter in place, it’s now time to take out the baking sheet from the freezer for the third time and dip the chocolate-covered strawberries into the batter, turning them about o help coat them better. Let the excess drip off, make sure the batter isn’t too thin, if so then add 1-3 tablespoons of the dry mix.
- Carefully, place the skewers into the oil, and let them fry turning as needed for about 1 ½ -2 minutes. Once the batter has turned into a golden brown color then remove with tongs and let them drain on a paper towel on a rack. Let the pops sit for about 5- 10 minutes to allow the chocolate to re-harden, then dust with confectioners sugar. And ENJOY!!
Image via: Dricoss
There is always a time for satisfying taste buds, and what better way than with some sweet treats on Valentine’s day. The Chocolate Strawberry Waffle Pops is a great Valentine’s day treat that will certainly become a favorite tradition for the family to enjoy. The process is simple and the results are even better to taste. Hey, Stagetecture readers do you happen to have any Valentine’s Day sweet treat recipes?