A delicious butternut squash soup is the perfect recipe if you want to really hit the spot on a cold night. If you are looking for some easy soup recipes, try this delicious squash soup from Food Network. This soup is versatile and appetizing with its sweet-savory taste. Check out the recipe:
Delicious Ways to Make Butternut Squash Soup
Squash Soup Ingredients:
1 medium butternut squash (peeled, halved, seeded, and diced; about 2 pounds)
2 medium canned plum tomatoes
4 cups low-sodium chicken broth or water
Black pepper (freshly ground)
2 teaspoons kosher salt
4 cloves smashed garlic
1 thinly sliced onion
2 tablespoons Parmesan (freshly grated)
2 fresh sage leaves
1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
Squash Soup Directions:
- Take a soup pot, pour the olive oil into it, and heat over medium heat. Add 1 teaspoon of salt, smashed garlic, sliced onion, sage leaves, and ground black pepper.
- Cover and cook for 15 minutes while stirring occasionally. When the mixture becomes soft and fragrant, add canned tomatoes and raise the heat to medium-high.
- Stir the mixture with a wooden spoon and keep cooking for 7 minutes or until the onions turn slightly brown and the tomatoes break up.
- Add the remaining teaspoon salt and the squash to the mixture. Stir occasionally and cook for nearly 12 minutes or until the squash is tender.
- Add the broth and bring to simmer. Remove the cover and cook the mixture for nearly 20 minutes or until the vegetables is tender.
- Remove the pot from heat and set aside to cool for a few minutes.
- Puree the soup in a blender and return to the soup pot. Heat it again over medium heat. Stir in balsamic vinegar.
- Serve the soup warm in small bowls or cups. Adding a bit of freshly grated Parmesan cheese on top will add the perfect final touch.
- Using a good-quality chicken stock will really bring out the nutty flavor of the squash. However, it will not be sweet, rather a bit flavorful because of the use of black pepper and balsamic vinegar.
If you love butternut squash soup, we think you’ll love this Thai Pumpkin Soup Recipe too!
Winter Squash Soup: A Perfect Comfort Food
If you are looking for a comfort food – this winter squash soup is the one! Serve it with French toast and you have the perfect meal to warm you up on a winter day. If you want to make it vegetarian, use vegetable broth instead of the chicken broth. It will turn out amazing! People, who are not very fond of the sweeter version of butternut squash soup, will definitely love this savory one.
For more soup recipes on Stagetecture, click here.