Halloween cupcakes are fun for a Halloween party or just for eating during the season. Welcome, Halloween! Perhaps kids look forward to Halloween the most since it feeds their imagination with some ghostly fuel. Rituals and festivities take out the fear quotient and bring to life small gestures of togetherness, games, tricks and treats! With the imagination being fed by fantasies alone, ‘stomach’ needs a little more than that. A Halloween Dessert to be more specific if its kids in question! So let me bring to you a simple Halloween Ghost Cupcakes Recipe that will let your kids enjoy Halloween tales along with treating their tummies!
Halloween Cupcakes Ingredients:
150 g plain flour
75 g self-rising flour
150 g softened butter
250 g castor sugar
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp baking soda
50 to 60 g cocoa powder (I like to add about 75g)
50 g melted chocolate
200 ml buttermilk
Halloween Cupcakes Icing:
120 g golden syrup
250 g sugar
4 egg whites
2 tbsp chocolate sugar strands
Halloween Cupcakes Directions:
- Preheat oven to 180ºC.
- In a baking tray arrange 12 muffin cases.
For The Cupcakes
- In a glass bowl, beat butter and sugar well until it becomes light and fluffy.
- Start adding eggs, one at a time so that they mix very well with the butter sugar mix.
- Add melted chocolate and mix well again.
- Add vanilla extract to the above mix.
- Spoon by spoon add flour, then add cocoa and in the end add baking soda. Ensure all of it mixes very well.
- Gently blend in buttermilk to the mixture
- Put a big spoonful of batter into each cupcake liner and bake for 20 minutes.
- Place them on a wire rack to cool.
For The Icing
- Put sugar, syrup and 4tbsp water into a saucepan and heat gently till sugar dissolves.
- Bring the sugar syrup to boil and keep it boiling for about 5 minutes till the temperature reaches 115ºC. Remove the saucepan from heat.
- Whilst the sugar syrup is boiling as in step 2, in a large glass bowl whisk in 4 egg whites till they form soft peaks.
- Keeping your mixer on a slow speed add the sugar syrup gently very carefully.
- Increase the mixer speed once the sugar syrup has gone in the egg whites and beat for about 10 minutes. The icing should have completely cooled off by now and it should get cooler, else the icing might turn too soft and will not hold.
Halloween Decorations – Cupcake Frosting Piping Ideas:
- Put the icing in a piping bag with a large plain nozzle.
- Pipe icing first in a circle and then sweep the piping bag from the centre of the cupcake making a little hill in the centre and finish off with a peak.
- Add chocolate chips or chocolate strands as eyes.
Need more fun Halloween Cupcake Ideas?
These Cupcake Recipes for Halloween from Delish are a must-try!
Here’s 21 Scary Cupcake Recipes from Taste of Home for your Halloween party.
Enjoy your Halloween Dessert!
With the Halloween party, all planned and being waited for such little sweet nothings can really add shimmer to the already delightful festivities. Halloween Ghost Cupcakes Recipe is a perfect way to wrap up Halloween.
For more Halloween party ideas on Stagetecture, click here.